Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dental Hygiene

It appears that my mom's hygiene (she didn't shower for a year) is having some consequences. She had some UTIs and things like that when we first took her to the hospital. Now, I am noticing her dental hygiene is really catching up with her.

I read this article (here) from the blog Mental Health Realities about a new study (which can be found here) that had evidence that people with mental illnesses were 3x as likely to lose their teeth than the general population.

I believe it! I just noticed my mom's teeth (the tops are veneers) and made her an appointment right away. Hopefully she won't lose too many teeth.


Sorry if that grosses anyone out. I just thought I'd keep it real : )

Anyone have experience with teeth loss/poor dental hygiene?

2 comments:


  1. Health is one of the many aspect in our life that we should take good care because if we are sick , we became useless and unimportant. We loose hope and everything became stagnant. Visit my site for more information. Thanks.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting some kind of information. It was really helpful since I am doing some research now.

    Say
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete