Monday, July 25, 2011

A new update about my mom

The hardest thing about family program was hearing everyone say that my mom was hopeless. She was not committed to the program and had no intention of trying to stop drinking. She also was sneaking (typical alcoholic behavior) food into her room...not to eat, just to hoard. Also, she still looks awful. She has gained about 10 pounds, but she still looks emaciated and not like my mom.

The one successful thing about family weekend at Hanley was the meeting I had with my mom and her counselor. My mom VERY begrudgingly agreed to go to 28 more days of inpatient at a cheaper/less intense chapter of Hanley, called Gate Lodge (read about it here).

My mom was SO angry because we threatened to Marchman Act her for 60 days or she could voluntarily agree to go to Gate Lodge for 28 days. She wouldn't talked to me for the last few hours I was there to visit. She played cards with me, but wouldn't speak with me.

So, now she's at Gate Lodge and still not doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment